As educators, we frequently rely on a network of support to be the most effective professionals possible. This text is no exception. We would like to thank these educators who contributed to parts of the book.
- Dr. Melissa Jenkins (University of Mary Washington), for her co-authorship of the “Day in the Life: Special Education Perspective” vignette in Chapter 1 and the special education section in Chapter 2.
- Dr. Christy Irish (University of Mary Washington), for her co-authorship of Chapter 4.
- Dr. Teresa Coffman (University of Mary Washington), for her co-authorship of Chapter 5.
- Dr. Janine Davis (University of Mary Washington), for her co-authorship of the “Day in the Life: Secondary Perspective” vignette in Chapter 1 and Chapter 6.
- Dr. Julia López-Robertson (University of South Carolina), for her co-authorship of the section of Chapter 7 focused on family engagement.
- Tanya Meline (LCSW, CCTP; Licensed Clinical Social Worker; Certified Clinical Trauma Professional), for her co-authorship of the sections of Chapter 7 focused on trauma, mindfulness, and school social workers.
We are so thankful to each of you for sharing your educational expertise as co-writers! Furthermore, the historical foundations portion of Chapter 3 is an adaptation of an existing OER resource, published under a CC-BY-NC 4.0 license: Cozart, D., Dotts, B., Gurney, J., Walker, T., Ingalls, A., & Castle, J. (2016). OpenEDUC: Investigating critical and contemporary issues in education. https://oer.galileo.usg.edu/education-textbooks/4. We are thankful for an OER community that believes in sharing work to make resources more accessible for learners.